Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Snakes In a Tub...Wait...That's Just Poop!

Wow...tonight was an adventure and it all started with something as innocent as bath time.  Kathryn loves her baths and I love giving her baths, but not tonight!  While I was bathing her, I smelled something and then looked down.  I swear I thought there was a green snake in the water.  It took me a moment to realize what was lurking in the water and once I did, I yelled out so loud that Jared and my mom came running.  They both knew what had happened.  I scooped her up from the tub and wrapped her in a towel.  Jared dumped the water and the offending feces down the toilet.  We put a diaper on her and let her be for a few minutes, thinking she might need to finish.  While we were waiting, I cleaned out the tub and filled it up again.  We put her back in the tub a few minutes later.  Not soon after, it happened again, only worse this time!  It just kept coming and coming.  We couldn't take her out because she was still going, and unfortunately, it was floating right towards her.  It was awful.  I told Jared to go get a tupperware and fish it out so he ran to the kitchen.  He tried scooping it out, but it broke and half of it floated under her little infant seat.  Meanwhile, I was gagging.  It was the grossest thing ever.  When she was finally done, we took her out and Jared dumped the water again.  We then quickly bathed her in the sink and she's now asleep.  It was quite an ordeal.  Poor Kathryn and poor Mommy and Daddy.  I'm sure it won't be the last time this happens.  Oh how life changes when you have kids!

1 comment: