Thursday, May 17, 2012

Going Good

I'm almost afraid to write this, but Kathryn has been doing so well lately.  She's such a phenomenal baby.  I feel so lucky and blessed.  She seems like such an old soul who just seems content with being herself and being here and bringing joy to everyone around her. 

She's sleeping so well.  She usually goes to bed between 7-8pm and it's so sweet putting her to bed.  Jared and I take turns.  Whoever puts her to sleep for the night takes the first feeding in the middle of the night (if there is one).  She has a little routine, which lets her know it's bedtime.  She takes her bath, then we hang out for a while.  When her eyes start getting heavy, we get her bottles ready for the night.  Then we change her diaper and put her in her sleep sack.  We turn on the fan, her lullabies (the Baby Einstein CD Neena gave her), and her little sheep in her crib that mimics mother's heartbeat in the womb.  We turn out the lights, sit in the glider and feed her.  I usually have my Kindle too.  She generally falls asleep pretty fast and she's so sweet looking when she's sleeping.  I really treasure those moments with her.  She's been doing so well with her sleep too.  A couple of nights ago she slept 12 hours only waking up once and the next night it was 10 hours straight.  Last night she went to sleep at 8pm and woke up at 4am to be fed and then slept till 6:30am.  It's been awesome getting quality sleep.  Putting her in her crib was the best thing we could've done!

Jared switched to a new shift...a more human shift. Instead of waking up at 3am to get to work by 5am, he now doesn't have to be there till 8:30am.  It's been so awesome because he's here in the morning to help and he's been a HUGE help!  I seriously don't know how I did without him here, but somehow I managed.  He gets home later, but that's fine.  It's just great to have the help in the morning and to have him be able to wake up in the middle of the night to help too.

On a bit of a sad note, I'm not breastfeeding as much.  A few weeks ago, inexplicably, I started drying up and have been unable to keep up with what she needs.  I pump what I can, but we've started supplementing with formula and I'm totally okay with that.  I wanted to make it to six months, and we're almost there.  She's happy and healthy and that's all that matters. I have to admit, I am liking the freedom it's bringing!

I sure do love this girl.





3 comments:

  1. She's adorable, Megan. I love reading your blog...it's delightful. :)
    Amber
    Folkmusicgirly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber! I'm excited to see you have a blog too. I love reading people's blogs and yours is great!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete