Tuesday, May 22, 2012

6 Months Old Already? No Way!

Kathryn is 6 months old today.  That's half a year!  Where has the time gone?  In another 6 months she'll be 1.  I can't believe how fast she's growing up.  It seems like I was just pregnant and here she is growing up.  She changes and grows every day.  She's really becoming mobile lately. She wants to move, move, move.  She's rolling over like crazy and she still smiles and laughs all the time.  I still wonder how in the world we got so lucky to have such and amazing, easy baby.  Like I've said, God never gives you more than you can handle, so he must not have thought I could handle very much when he entrusted Kathryn to us.  There's something special about her.  She seems to have a wisdom and understanding of the world well beyond her 6 months on Earth.  I often wonder what's going on in that little head of hers and am puzzled at how she can be so genuinely happy and content all the time.  I want her to stay small, but I'm also anxious to have her grow up and get to know her and have conversations and go on adventures with her.  My mind is already racing through the ideas: New York City, Red Sox games, concerts, the beach, sharing my favorite books with her and dancing around to The Killers and Depeche Mode and so many other things.  I can't wait to know who this amazing little girl will grow up to be.  Here are a few pictures I've taken over the past few days.  Happy 6 Month Birthday Miss Kat!

Taken on Sunday when she should've still been sleeping.  6:30am is not an acceptable time to wake up on a weekend.

All smiles for breakfast on Sunday morning. May 20, 2012

Watching Mama cook dinner on May 21, 2012.  She loves her giraffe Jenny got her.

Taken today on May 22, 2012 while playing in her Pack & Play.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for letting me have such a big part in her life. She is quite the girl.

    ReplyDelete