Sunday, October 28, 2012

No Sandy No!

I seriously cannot believe we're sitting here waiting for Hurricane Sandy to arrive.  I want to be positive.  I want to believe that power won't go out, but I still have nightmares of Hurricane Irene and no power for 2 1/2 days...and we were the lucky ones.  Most people were without it for a week or better.  I fear we won't be so fortunate this time.  We've spent a good deal of money getting ready: extra propane, lots of water for Kate's formula, lots of formula and baby food and baby snacks, and non-perishables for us.  We even broke down today and got a Smartphone so we can have internet access at home.  Last time it was torture to be completely disconnected from the world.  I'm hoping we won't need it, but I'm doubtful, especially after listening to the governor tonight. He said Sandy is the greatest threat to human life Connecticut has ever faced.  This is mainly on the shoreline because of astronomical high tides and flooding.  They said it'll cause tides and flooding Connecticut has never seen before.  It's pretty scary, so I'm glad we live inland.  I'm also grateful we have city water and sewage and not a well.  At least we'll have running water.  It won't be hot, but we can at least flush our toilet!  They've already called off school tomorrow and Jared's going in early so he can get home before the storm gets too bad.

After spending the day preparing, we decided to go to The 99 to have what could possibly be our last good meal for a while.  Hopefully it won't be, buy my chicken parmigiana was good!  Kathryn ordered her first meal at a restaurant.  Kids eat free today so we thought we'd try to get her something.  We decided on mac & cheese and applesauce with an ice cream bar for dessert.  She loved the applesauce and she REALLY LOVED the ice cream, but the mac & cheese...not so much.  I can't believe she's big enough to order from the kids menu.  She was such a ham at the restaurant and she and a cute little boy at the booth next to us were flirting the whole time.  She was also waving to a lady across from us.  She's too funny. 

Kathryn's first restaurant meal.

She looks a little drunk here!

She was being such a ham!

I assure you, her bow did look a lot better, but she kept taking it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment