Saturday, October 13, 2012

Fever!

What a difference a day makes.  Last night Kathryn was very fussy.  We just thought she was grumpy, but it turns out she's sick.  She's the sickest I've ever seen her.  She was really hot when she woke up in the middle of the night, so we stripped her down to her onesie.  She eventually went to sleep and slept till around 9am, which is totally unlike her.  We thought it was just because she hadn't slept well, but the moment she woke up she was just so unhappy.  Crying and fussing. I went and got my hair done, but she was still a mess when I got back.  I had to go get a new thermometer since our other one broke and when I got home and we checked her temp, it was 102.9.  I felt so bad.  I called Dr. Lavoie and he just said to keep the Tylenol going and fluids. He said he'd call tomorrow to check on her.  Her fever has gone down a little, but she's still feeling awful.  The one good thing about her being sick is that she's been cuddly.  She just wants to be held and she fell asleep on both of us today.  It reminded me of how she was when she was a tiny baby.  I hope she feels better soon. This is her first real sickness and I hate seeing her in pain, but I never knew how good it felt to take care of someone until it came to taking care of her.  I'm sorry she's sick, but I'm happy I can be there for her.  I hope she feels better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment