Saturday, October 20, 2012

Growing Up So Fast

Today was a busy day.  It was my morning to wake up with Kathryn, so of course she woke up super early.  6 a.m. to be exact.  She ate breakfast, rice and bananas, and then I cleaned the kitchen, living room and entry way while she played.  Jared woke up around 8 and we cleaned her room.  She enjoyed reading a story with Dad while we cleaned and then she went down for a nap around 9 and when she woke up, we headed to Waterford to Babies R Us to buy Kathryn her big girl car seat.  I can't believe how fast she's growing up.  As I was putting her to bed tonight, I closed my eyes and thought back on these past 11 months.  I thought back to when I first got to hold her and the first night we spent at home with her.  Gosh...that was an experience.  We had no clue what we were doing.  We still don't!  I thought about how much she's changed and how it's been the longest and shortest 11 months of my life.  I thought about how I never thought I wanted children, but the second I met her, that all changed.  I can't imagine my life without her and I love her so much.  She's taught me so much and I have a feeling she's got many more lessons to share with me. 

On a less mushy note, Buster ate another pacifier tonight.  We knew raising a baby would be hard, but we never thought those difficulties would include all these issues with Buster.  We are so careful with the bottles and pacifiers, but somehow he still finds them.  I forced peroxide down his throat (I hate doing that) and he eventually puked it up.  Hopefully this will be the last time!

Eating lunch at Longhorn Steakhouse. 

Look at me in my big girl seat!

Kathryn really enjoyed reading this book Gangy and Pop Pop sent her from Alaska. 


No comments:

Post a Comment