Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Are You Kidding Me?

Today started out as one of those, "Are you kidding me?" kinds of days.  Jared had to go to work early, so he wasn't here to help in the morning.  When I woke up, I got ready no problem because Miss Kate didn't wake up till 7am.  I actually had to wake her up because I had to be to work at 8am.  Well...she didn't eat much.  She didn't the night before either.  We think it's the medicine, but no matter.  She's still happy as ever.  In fact, she woke up at midnight, ready to laugh and play.  She only stayed up for about 45 minutes, but still...Jared and I were not amused.  Anyway...once Kathryn drank like 2 ounces I had to get her dressed and ready for daycare.  Around 7:30am we were getting ready to walk out the door when I noticed she'd pooped.  So...I quickly changed her, then discovered Sophie had peed on the bed because the basement door was shut.  I hurried and stripped the bed and threw it in the washer, the whole time I'm saying, "Are you kidding me?"  We did eventually get out the door and I got to work on time.  It was just a crazy morning!

On a different note, I can't believe in about a month Kathryn will be a year old.  As I type this, I'm watching the remake of "Steel Magnolias" and they just showed the scene of Jackson's first birthday where he's all surrounded by family.  For some reason it made me really sad because I realize no one in her biological family will be there and it saddens me.  Anyway...we'll try and make it special for our little girl, even if there's no family with us.  Maybe I'm feeling extra sensitive about family because on this day, 14 years ago, Jared's dad passed away and it makes me sad that Kathryn never got to meet her Grandpa Dan.  It makes me sad that Jared doesn't have his father anymore.  The whole thing just makes me sad.  I miss my family.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry we can't be there for Kathryn's birthday. Please believe me when I say it makes me sad too. On another note, You are doing a beautiful job on this blog. Katniss will really appreciate what you are doing for her. I know I appreciate your postings. Love you,

    ReplyDelete