Saturday, September 29, 2012

No More Swinging

Today was a bittersweet day.  Today we gave Kathryn's swing away.  We've given a lot of things away, but for some reason, the swing was a hard one to let go of.  There are so many memories with that swing.  She loved it and although she hasn't used it for some time now, whenever I'd see it, I think about all the time she spent in it and how much she loved it.  It's a realization that my baby is not a tiny baby anymore.  She's almost a toddler.  I've been looking at pictures and videos of her in the swing and I got a lump in my throat when I saw how much she's changed.  It's hard to notice the change because I see her everyday.  I almost don't remember her being that small and helpless, but I know she was. 

We gave the swing to a pregnant 17-year-old girl due in October who basically has nothing for her baby.  I got an email at work form the Family Resource Center asking for help.  The swing has just been taking up space and we don't plan to have another baby, so I knew we should give it to this girl.  We loved the swing so much and we're hoping this girl and her daughter will love it too.  It's hard to think of another little baby swinging it, but I'm happy this new little one will have a safe, comfortable place to relax and it feels good to help someone during a tough time. I just hope this young women and her daughter will be okay.

So...bye bye swing.  We'll miss you.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment