Sunday, September 2, 2012

After the Sky Fell Down

I've always loved writing.  Ask my parents. I could stay locked in my room for hours writing and be perfectly content in my own little world. I never shared anything with anyone though until recently.  About two and half years ago, I started a story and it has been in my life ever since.  A few people had read it and gave me a lot of good suggestions and positive feedback and I continued working on it.  It's morphed a lot over time.  The ending has changed multiple times and I've read and re-read more times than I can count.  A few very supportive people have also read it more than once and I can't thank them enough.  Anyway...after much thought and encouragement (especially from Melodie), I decided to self-publish it on Amazon.  I'm not in it for the money (I get a whopping 35 cents per download).  I just wanted to share the characters I have grown to love so much with other people.  It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's special to me and I hope it could be special to someone else.  If not, oh well. I put myself out there and that's all I can do.  Kathryn, Luke, Ben, and Jace are now out for the world to meet.  Here's the description:

Kathryn Lane thinks she has life figured out: finish college, get a great job, marry her high school sweetheart, Ben, and have a family. But when tragedy strikes, she is left to pick up the pieces of her now shattered life. As she tries to make sense of her new reality, life takes another startling turn, leading her down a path she never imagined. Through it all she finds comfort in a surprising companion who becomes her best friend and rock as she tries to rebuild her life. But when she unexpectedly meets someone, whose kindness and understanding offers her a chance at a fresh start, she struggles to move forward, afraid to leave her past behind. Will she be able to move on and find peace with her past in order to discover her future or will she let her past condemn her to a life of loneliness, unable to let go of a life that can never be?

And here's the link to it on Amazon:

 http://www.amazon.com/After-Sky-Fell-Down-ebook/dp/B00957HIVS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346635031&sr=8-1&keywords=after+the+sky+fell+down

2 comments:

  1. Hi Megan. I just got a Kindle Saturday night, and yours was the first book I downloaded. I'm in the middle of it now (Kathryn and Luke have just well, ya know) and I am loving it so far.

    I see now that you are self published. I think you've done an amazing job with your book. I'm a writer, too, and I'm not published yet. It's so hard! I have been taking a break (about 8 months or so) because the query wars just got me down so much.

    Anyway, I just wanted to tell you, from one writer to another, that I think your writing is really great and I am very much enjoying your book. :)

    Ryann Jansen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ryann! What a nice surprise to get such a sweet post after a long day's work. I never expected one on my blog, which is what I use to keep track of my daughter's life.

    Thank you so much for your kind words. It means a lot and I have to tell you I felt exactly like you. I kept getting rejected over and over and it made me so worthless. They wouldn't even give it a chance and it hurt. So...I made the decision to self-publish. I didn't want to at first, but I decided to give it a try and it's been a scary, yet rewarding process. You put yourself out there and some people like it and some don't. I got two harsh reviews over the weekend and I seriously wanted to jump on Amazon and unpublish my book. My husband and mom talked me out of it and I realized that's part of letting people into your writing world. I encourage you to keep writing though. I love writing, even if some people don't like my writing. I would love to read your stuff if you want to share. I don't know anyone else who writes so it's nice to speak with someone who understands my passion. My day job is a first grade teacher, but writing's always been my first love. You can email me directly at isbellmi@yahoo.com if you want.

    Anyway...thanks again for your kind words. They mean a lot! Hang in there and keep writing! ~Megan

    ReplyDelete