Saturday, August 17, 2013

Butterflies, Yankee Candle, and Ice Cream

A couple of weeks ago, Kathryn's good buddy, Danielle, asked if Kathryn could go with her and her friend, Chris to the Butterfly Place and Yankee Candle in Deerfield, MA.  I have to be honest and admit I was a little nervous letting Kathryn go.  She's never been anywhere without one of us, except one time with daycare.  It was strange watching her drive away this morning, but Kathryn did seem bothered at all and she ended up having a great time.  We cleaned the house and went to lunch.  Danielle says they'll go out again and I think I won't be as nervous this time.  Danielle is so good with Kathryn and Kathryn really loves her.  Danielle said she was so good and that makes me happy.  She was tired when she got home, but luckily she'd slept for about an hour in the car so she was good until bedtime.  It was funny though because around 7:25pm, we were playing in the living room and she just stopped and walked over to the gate.  She walked right to her room.  We read one book and she pointed to her bed and fell right asleep.  She's so sweet.  I'm glad she had such a fun day.  Oh...yes, she's wearing the same outfit as yesterday.  She looked so cute in it and I wanted her to be comfy, so I washed it last night and she wore it again today.
They told me she loved the chandelier at the restaurant.

She loves her watermelon!


Stopping for ice cream in Thompson.



They said she loved this little tug boat at Yankee Candle and the only time she fussed was when they tried to take her out of it.



Kathryn and Danielle



Danielle said Kathryn was terrified of the real butterflies.  This picture is sad and funny at the same time.






No comments:

Post a Comment