Monday, August 5, 2013

13th Anniversary!

This time 13 years ago, we were having a great time at our wedding reception on Ft. Huachuca.  I can't believe it's been 13 years.  We've had some crazy ups and downs. There were times I thought we wouldn't make it, but we have.  Jared and I met when I was 14.  I was interested in him at first sight.  It wasn't that way for him with me.  I had a crush on him for two years before we finally went on a date to MORP.  I remember being sooooo nervous.  He eventually became my best friend.  That friendship's been tested, our love has been tested, but we're still here.  We are definitely different people than we were when we first started dating.  That's what happens when you marry so young.  I still love him.  Do I love him the way I did as a hormone crazed teenager?  No, I don't.  It's not about that anymore.  It's about the people we've become and the journey of life we're on together.  Things have changed so much since Kathryn came into our lives.  Before her, I didn't know where we were going, but now that she's here, I do. We're a team and I love seeing him with her.  She loves her daddy so much and that is why I love him.  Happy Anniversary, Jared! 


Boot Camp Graduation

Being the dorks we are.

Prom 1997

MORP 1997

College...yes, Jared's a dork.



College...80s night!

First Date: Feb. 23, 1996
The reason we found each other: Kathryn.

No comments:

Post a Comment