Friday, August 30, 2013

ABC's...Easy as 123

I don't think there is another feeling that comes close to when you see your child learning things for the first time.  We read with Kathryn all the time and she absolutely loves books, but we haven't been stressing letters with her.  So, Jared and I were pretty suprised when tonight, while we were all playing in her room, she pointed to the block letters hanging on her wall and said "R".  We took down the letters and she pointed to the R and said it again.  She did the same thing with the Y.  Then we showed her the T and after a few tries, so she got it. She was doing great and it amazed me because we haven't worked much with her.  I'll have to ask Becky at daycare if she has.  Kathryn was so excited about the letters, she even took some to bed with her.  I think we'll start working with her a lot more now because she loved it.  She's also able to to count to five.  I think that's pretty great for being 21 months old.  I just love that girl and how excited she gets when she's learning something new.

On a different note, she insisted on wearing a tutu to daycare today.  She took one for her buddy, Kate too.  Becky said she wore it all day.  She still had it on when I picked her up.  She cracks me up.

Trying to play catch up, here's a picture of Jared doing Kathryn's hair the other day.  I thought it was very sweet and he actually did a great job.



No comments:

Post a Comment