Sunday, November 25, 2012

Time out...I'm getting sentimental

I just wanted to write a few thoughts down from tonight about when I was putting Kathryn to bed.  She didn't want her bottle, which I guess is good because we're trying to wean her off it.  I was worried though because the bottle soothes her.  She has been just going in the crib and falling asleep, but when I put her in there, she started to cry, which wasn't like her.  So, I held her and she rested her head on my shoulder.  I rocked her in the glider and it was very peaceful.  She just looked at me and we said some prayers and I cried a little as we prayed for Grandma Peggy.  I'm really missing her and it was nice to have my daughter there to help ease the pain because I often see Grandma in Kathryn.  After we said our prayers, I rested her on my shoulder again and she seemed relaxed.  When I tried putting her back in her crib, she started to whimper.  She was lying on her back and I began running my fingers through her hair and I saw her eyes begin to close.  She was fighting sleep, but as I kept rubbing, her eyes kept closing.  She kept opening her eyes every once in a while to make sure I was there, but she finally gave up and fell asleep.  I don't know why I enjoyed it so much.  I guess I just love knowing that she needs me and she loves me so much.  I never thought someone would need me the way she does and I never knew someone would love me the way she does.  I know I need to treasure this because I know someday she'll be all grown up and she won't need me the way she does now.  So...until then, I'll try and cherish these precious moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment