Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Day After

Dear Kathryn,

Election Day was yesterday.  I was hopeful. I was hopeful that this country would wake up and elect someone with some class, a true patriot.  I'm sorry you were born while Obama was in office.  I wish you had been born under the leadership of a real American who loves their country, not a coward who thinks he's a rockstar. Not someone who thinks the answer to everything is to raise taxes and give hand outs to those who choose not to work.  Especially not someone who does not respect this country or its veterans and not someone who believes it's the government's job to tell you how to live you life.  I want to tell you it will be okay, but I am truly saddened by this and amazed at the stupidity of half this nation. How they can be so blinded by him and his cronies is beyond me.  How they can think this man is taking our country in the direction it needs to go blows my mind.

This president is "hip"...well, according to his celebrity friends and the oh so enlightened people who voted for them. You'll learn early on dear daughter that liberals suffer from a mental disorder (haha, not really, but it seems like it).   But you'll see they have very big mouths and tell everyone how to think and if you don't agree with them, you are ignorant or bigoted or just not as smart as them.  They have no problem voicing their thoughts, but if you dare voice yours, they're quick to pounce on you and are ready to tell you how stupid they are.  Beware though, there is a double standard.  The media loves their liberal buddies and gives them plenty of free passes, but if someone with more conservative ideas says something, they'll jump on them like stink on poop. 

It's a tough world out there and I'm scared for you.  I'm scared you'll never know the America that I love.  The America that brings tears to my eyes when I think of the heroes that have served to keep us all free.  You come from a great line of veterans and I'm proud of that because I know people who don't have one veteran in their family.  You had relatives who fought for our nation's independence in the Revolutionary War and two of your great-great-great grandpas were Union soldiers in the Civil War and I'm so proud of that.  But most recently, two of your great-grandpas served in WWII.  Your Grandpa Dority (Daddy's grandpa) was even a POW and marched in the Bataan Death March.  He did that and suffered for you, so you could be free.  Your Grandpa Nugen served in the navy in the Pacific Fleet and he did it for you too.  Your Grandpa Ron (Mommy's dad) served in the navy in Vietnam.  He did that for you, Kathryn.  Your Gangy (Mommy's mom) served in the navy as well and she did it for you too.  You have three great-uncles who served as well and they did it for your freedom.  Your Auntie Tunia (Mommy's sister) served in the navy too.  And you know what?  She did it for you as well.  And you know who else served?  Your daddy served and he served for you.  He did it to keep you safe and he did it to ensure your freedoms because he loves this country. 

Our family loves this country.  It's the greatest country in the world.  It might not be so great right now, but I hope it will be great once again and who knows, maybe you'll be the one to make it great.  I think you'll help because you're a special soul who lights up the room wherever you go.  I've been told by many, many people that you are different.  There is something so unique about you and we feel your aura.  We feel you're destined for great things.  Whatever you do, I'll be proud of you.  Just know it is your life to do what you want because we live in a country where dreams can become realities.  I can't wait to see what your dreams are.  I have hope for our future because you are part of the future and you can make a difference.

I love you baby.  You're a blessing to this world and I think you came at just the right time. 

Love,
Mommy

1 comment: