Saturday, June 16, 2012

Shopping With My Girl

We rarely take Kathryn shopping with us.  It's just easier for one of us stay home with her while the other goes out and runs errands.  Well...today, Jared was mowing the lawn and my mom was packing her car for her return trip to Arizona, so I decided to bring Kathryn along, even though my mom offered to watch her.  I wanted my mom to be able to get her stuff done, especially since the two days Kathryn was supposed to go to daycare last week, she didn't due to her stomach illness and my mom watched her.  Due to this, she was unable to get a lot of the stuff she had planned done.  Anyway, I digress.  I also wanted Kathryn to come with me.  She needs to start going out more and once Gangy leaves, things are not going to be nearly as easy anymore.  I think it's going to be a HUGE adjustment. 

Well, the shopping trip went great.  She was perfect at the grocery store and she kept the good citizens at the Dayville Stop & Shop thoroughly entertained with her vampire pacifier Derek and Teana got Kathryn.  She had a reaction in almost every aisle.  So many people were laughing and talking to us.  It was one of the most pleasant trips I've had to the grocery store. I guess it helps to have a cute baby with fangs tagging along. 

After Stop & Shop, we ran to Lowe's so I could pick up some moving boxes to start packing up my classroom for my big move to my new school.  Kathryn was sitting in the cart and I was trying to load 13 large moving boxes onto the bottom of the cart.  A nice man (who doesn't work there) stopped to help me.  I love when people do nice things for each other.  It reaffirms to me that for the most part, people are good.

At the checkout stand, she started fussing a bit, so we quickly came home and I unloaded the car while Jared was still mowing.  Gangy was kind enough to change Kathryn's poopie diaper and give her a bottle and put her down for her afternoon nap (again...things are going to be much more difficult once my mom leaves).  She's now resting peacefully and I really enjoyed my outing with my girl.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment