Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Bellyache

Kathryn's been fighting a stomach bug since Saturday.  She's had explosive diarrhea and projectile vomit.  Yes, it's gross, but it's a fact.  Even though she hasn't been feeling well, she's still so sweet.  She's just a little more mellow and wants to be held.  I can't believe she hasn't cried or fussed more.  Jared and my mom took her to the doctor yesterday.  He said she was fine and to give her Gatorade and a little bit of Pepto Bismal if necessary.  She seemed to be doing better today.  She was smiling and cooing like normal, but around 6pm, she puked again.  We put her to bed around 7pm because she was tired.  She went right to sleep, but then woke up when the door made too much noise.  I tried getting her back to sleep, but to no avail.  She just sat playing in her crib, sucking on her vampire teeth pacifier that Derek and Teana bought her.  She's loved that thing since she's been sick.  She just plays and chews on it.  Anyway...I finally picked her up and she threw up again.  Once she was cleaned up, we went downstairs where we watched some TV with Gangy and Gangy and I had some good laughs.  I thought my mom was going to pee her pants actually.  Around 8pm, Kathryn started acting fussy.  I took her back upstairs to put her to bed.  She didn't want any Gatorade, so I rocked her and held her tightly as she sucked on her "teeth" until she went to sleep.  She's sleeping now.  I hope she feels better soon.  I still can't believe she's being as sweet as she is considering she's sick.  I'm still waiting for the ball to drop.  She can't stay this good forever...but I can hope.

1 comment:

  1. Megan ..pepto has aspirin! She can't have aspirin. Why in the world would a doctor recommend that?
    I worked with a severely disabled young man that got that was because he was given aspirin as a toddler and resulted in that rye syndrome?? I can't remember what its called. I am speechless, I am without speech.

    ReplyDelete