Thursday, June 7, 2012

6 Month Stats

Kathryn had her 6 month appointment today, even though she's 6 1/2 months old.  She was a trooper, despite the fact she got three shots and was tired.  Here are her stats:

Weight: 15 pounds 13 ounces (50th percentile)
Height: 27 inches (95th percentile) She's a tall one!
Head: 50th percentile (I didn't catch the measurement)

I can't believe how tall she is, considering she's "technically" only 5 1/2 months old, having come a month early.  She's lean though.  Hopefully she'll keep her little figure. 

She did great at the pediatrician's office and on the way home, Mom and I stopped at Panera Bread for lunch and then went to Bath & Body Works and Michaels.  She was awesome the entire time we were shopping.

When we got home, I gave her a bottle and tried to put her down for a nap, but she just wanted to play, so I brought her in the kitchen with me to play in her exersaucer while I cleaned the kitchen and talked to my very pregnant best friend Katie. She was fine until all of a sudden she got very upset and just started wailing.  It was hard to watch because she never cries like that.  We gave her some Tylenol and I gave her a bath to calm her down.  It worked after a while and then I just held her and she fell asleep for about a half hour, but I could tell she was in pain.  We joked that another of her personalities came out: Hannah Hurts.  When she woke up, she seemed to be a lot better and had dinner (carrots, which she loves) and was all smiles again.  I'm glad she was feeling better.  I hate seeing my angel baby in pain.  Jared just put her down for the night and I hope she gets the rest she needs.

It was nice spending the day with her. I'm glad I used my last personal day to be with Kate and my mom.  We had a nice day.  Another good thing about today was the fact my dad said he found a box in the garage full of sweaters, hats and dresses my grandma and great-grandma made Tarin and I when we were little.  I can't wait to get them for Kathryn.  What a treasure to pass down!  Maybe someday Kathryn's daughter will wear them too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment