Thursday, June 14, 2012

Healing & Change

Healing
 
I'm happy to report that Kathryn seems to be doing much better.  Gangy says she's 95% back to her old self.  She was smiley and chatty when I got home from work today and she had eaten and drank her formula.  I'm glad she's feeling better.  That was a long bug!

Change

On a different note...change is in the air for me next year.  After teaching at Shepard Hill for seven years, I will be transferring over to first grade at Moosup Elementary.  I adore Shepard Hill, especially the wonderful friends I've made there over the years.  But, I saw an opportunity for a change and I decided to go for it.  After a successful meeting with the principal today, I was told I will be going over there.  Same district, just a different school.  I have so many emotions going on in my head.  I'm scared, nervous, excited, anxious and sad.  I know I made the right decision for me, but it's still bittersweet and I will bawl my eyes out on the last day. Not only will I be leaving my Shepard Hill friends behind, I won't get to see my amazing students as they progress through the grades.  I'm so sad about that.  But...I think I've made the right choice, although it's not come without hesitation.  I've had a pit in my stomach since I put in for the position and even when I was nervous, I always had one little girl who made it all better.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment