Saturday, April 28, 2012

Ommm....Ommm

I really wish my camera batteries hadn't died tonight or that I could find the charger for the video camera.  I really wanted to video tape Kathryn "omming" herself to sleep tonight.  We knew she was tired.  Jared fed her like he always does, but she was fighting sleep.  I decided to try and nurse her straight from the boob to help relax her.

On a side note, (yes, I digress from my story), earlier when Jared was holding her and she'd been fussing a little, I said to her, "You want some milk straight from the boob?"  The second she heard the word boob, her head whipped around so fast, I swear I felt a breeze.  It was pretty funny. Now...back to my original story.

Well, I did nurse her in her room.  She's been sleeping in her crib the last four nights and it's been great!  Anyway...she was playing and not really nursing, so I decided to just lay her in her crib with her little ocean toy on.  She loved it and I stayed with her for a bit and we said some prayers and she was still playing.  I returned to the living room (with our wonderful video monitor!) and watched and listened as she played.  She messed around for a while and then she began to omm.  Omming is when she starts to zone out.  My mom (Gangy) noticed it first a while ago, but tonight was hilarious.  She was all sprawled out and I knew she was ready to go sleep because all I could hear was ommmm ommmm.  Sure enough, she was out like a light a few minutes later.  As I type this I'm watching the video monitor and she's still sprawled out sound asleep. Let's just hope she stays that way!

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing these stories. Babies are the best!

    ReplyDelete