Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Fussiness, Fever and Rash...Oh My!

It's been an interested few days with Kathryn.  On Saturday morning she started getting a little fussy.  She had a low-grade fever and we figured it was teething.  Then, Sunday, her fever got up to nearly 103.  We figured it was something other than teething.  She was fussy whenever he motrin would wear off and she just wasn't herself.  Jared stayed home with her Monday and I had a snow day on Tuesday, so I stayed with her then. I took her to the doctor's office just to double check she didn't have an ear infection. I was happy to learn she didn't.  The doctor said it was viral thing along with teething.  Last night in the bath, I noticed some red dots on her collarbone, but thought it was just from the water. She has very sensitive skin like me, so I wasn't too worried.  She went to daycare today and she did okay.  However, she broke out in a pretty bad rash.  Becky said it was Roseola (a rash that infants get). I thought it was Fifths Disease.  After looking them both up, they're very similar and the Roseola seems to fit in her age group better, so she's probably got one of those.  Good thing is, once the rash shows up, it means they're no longer contagious so I'm hoping she'll return to her chipper self soon!

This is pretty much how she looked all day Sunday.



All she wanted to eat was blueberries!  Needless to say she's had some interesting diapers!

The rash!



No comments:

Post a Comment