Friday, March 29, 2013

Feelin' a Little Better

Well, Kathryn is definitely still sick, but she's much better than yesterday.  She had a terrible night though.  I wouldn't know about that though because Jared so kindly offered to keep the monitor all night so I could get some uninterrupted sleep.  He knew I'd been with her all day, but I still felt badly because he worked 16 hours.  He wanted to though and I took him up on his offer.  He was going to sleep downstairs, but he ended up sleeping on her floor.  He said she woke up almost every hour.  I wish he'd woken me up to help.

When she woke up in the morning she seemed a lot better after she stopped crying. I think the pressure builds up and it takes her a few minutes to feel okay.  She had a doctor's appointment to get the second half of her flu shot, so I took her around 8:30 and Jared stayed home to get some sleep. I asked Dr. Lavoie to look in her ears to see if the congestion had led to an ear infection.  Sure enough, her right ear is infected.  He said she should be getting better as the weather improves, but if she continues to get ear infections after April or if the pattern recurs in the fall, he'll probably refer her for tubes. I wish he already would, because with our family history, the poor girl is doomed when it comes to her ears.

We got her some antibiotics and she seemed happy all day, although still full of snot.  She didn't take a morning nap and was very happy.  But she took an almost three hour afternoon nap. 

Then I found her and her father playing ball.  It was so cute.  It's a little dark, but she was watching the flashing ball.


1 comment:

  1. Her vocabulary continues to grow! Gangy is the clearest...I think the gutteral sounds are easier. Gangy, butterfly, ball, kitty, cookie (?). She's got the concept of actually "playing" with her daddy. Love it. You need to post this on FB.

    ReplyDelete