Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Empathy

It really is amazing watching Kathryn turn into a little human being.  Tonight was no exception.  Lately she's loved shutting doors and gates on people.  We were walking out of the living room and she closed the gate on me.  I pretended to cry and walked over and sat on the couch and continued to "whimper".  She stared at me from the gate, cocked her head and said, "Mama?"  I kept "crying" and she toddled over to me and got right in my face and said, "Mama?"  Then she leaned in and hugged me and gave me a kiss.  It made me so happy to see her concerned about me.  I'm glad to know she's got empathy.  Love that girl.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. She is learning so much and as you say it is amazing to watch. You will be so happy you have documented all her milestones.

    ReplyDelete