Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Until Next Time Arizona...

Sierra Vista in the distance...beautiful.

We had so much fun in Arizona.  It was nice to be home for a while and just forget about real life.  We began our trip in Safford, then on to Sierra Vista and we finished it up in the Phoenix area.

We got to Phoenix on the 26th and stayed at Bekki's house.  It was so much fun hanging out with the Tolman crew and I feel I know my nieces and nephews so much better now.  They are some pretty cool kids and I know Kathryn loved her cousins.  My niece, Kaylie, has grown into a beautiful, sweet girl who loves sports and reading.  We had a nice discussion about books and I've got to check out some of her recommendations.  My nephew, Brenden, is a smart cookie and he is a great writer.  He shared his Jersey Devil story with me and I was impressed.  My nephew, Logan, is hilarious and I learned he hates fruit.  He thinks they're poison.  And my niece, Cassidy, is such a firecracker.  She's funny, sweet and sassy (hence her nickname, Sass).  She loved to help with Kathryn and Kathryn found Cassidy to be hysterical.  I hope it won't be too long before I get to see them again.

I also got to spend a little time (not enough time though) with my best friend Katie.  She just had a baby, Owen, on June 17th, so I got to meet him and see her daughter Ellie again.  We spent the afternoon talking and ate yummy Mexican food from Filiburto's (not sure if I spelled that right).  

We were scheduled to leave on the 29th, but the night before, I was convinced by others that Kathryn needed to stay a couple of days longer to hang out with her cousins.  I agreed and we switched my flight till the 31st when my mom would be flying back with me for a about a week and a half.  I'm glad I stayed.  It was so much fun.

It was hard to leave, but I'm glad my mom was with me.  Kathryn was AMAZING on the way home, but I'll write all about the trip home in another post.

This trip home made me think I may want to move back to AZ.  I never thought I'd say that, but I realize how much I miss it and our families.  It's lonely all the way out here and Arizona just feels so safe and familiar.  Hmm...what does the future hold?

We're back now (sadly) and it's a return to real life.  I'm so glad we got to go home.

Dad, Me and Kathryn as were leaving SV.

Ellie, Katie, Owen, Me and Kathryn

All the girls being silly.

Crazy cousins: Cassidy and Kathryn

Kathryn and Brenden

Cassidy loved feeding Kathryn.

Auntie Bekki LOVES her baby Kathryn.

Colonel Sanders???

Kaylie, Cassidy and Kathryn before church.

Kathryn loved chewing on this charger while we were at Bekki's house.

I love this goofy picture.

Uncle Adam and Kathryn

1 comment: