Friday, August 10, 2012

Millions of Peaches...Peaches for Me


Today was Gangy's last day in Connecticut.  It was a very warm and muggy day, but we went to the orchard anyway to go pick peaches.  Once we got there, it wasn't as bad outside as we thought.  It sprinkled a little, which actually felt good.  Kathryn was happy in her stroller as Gangy and I searched for peaches.  We found some good ones and also purchased some fresh plums and blueberries, which were AMAZING!  I picked up some corn and tomatoes too and I'm sure they won't disappoint.  I got a few pictures with my cell phone.  I brought the camera, but stupid me left the memory card in the computer. :-(  I can't wait to take Kathryn back in the fall to pick apples and pumpkins!

Once we were done, we dropped the produce off at the house and headed to The Vanilla Bean Cafe in Pomfret.  Mom loves the root beer there.  Unfortunately, it was packed, so we decided to head home and try a food truck near my house we've been curious about.  Turns out it was a good choice.  It's just a little trailer, but the food is excellent.  I got a really good meatloaf sandwich and mom got a good sandwich called the "Fat Bastid" (yes, that's how they spelled it).  We also got some fried pickles.

We were going to head over to the St. James bazaar tonight, but it was raining, so we stayed in.

Gangy and Kate

She was all smiles in her stroller.

Wearing the new hat Gangy  bought.



No comments:

Post a Comment