Thursday, August 9, 2012

Kid Jail

I cannot believe how much Kathryn is growing up.  She seems to change everyday.  Each day is full of new discoveries and confidence in her abilities.  I have to say, she's a quick learner.  While in Arizona, she started trying to feed herself little crackers.  It was a little awkward the first day, but the second day she got even better and mastered it pretty quickly (although sometimes she'll still have one stuck in the palm of her hand without realizing it).  The same happened with crawling.  Once she started practicing, she took off and hasn't stopped.  It's the same story with standing.  She pulls herself up with confidence and yesterday she even stood for a moment by herself without hanging on to anything.  I fear she'll be walking soon and then life as we know will be over.  It was basically over when she started crawling.  She wants to get into everything. We really need to childproof the living room.  She loves the pellet stove and the speakers and that can be trouble!  Because of her new-found (and constant) mobility, she sometimes has to go to "Kid Jail" (i.e. the playpen). She has tons of toys in there, so she actually likes it. I think she also likes pulling herself to check out what's going on with the rest of the world.  I love her more and more everyday, which I didn't think was possible, and I'm really trying to remember that she will be all grown up before I know it.  To quote Darius Rucker, "It won't be like this for long."

Cutest inmate in Kid Jail

Big Blue Eyes

Yesterday, in Kid Jail

Lovin' my time in jail.

Sometimes I want out too!

1 comment: