Friday, July 13, 2012

Tonight I watched you sleep
Wondering where my baby's gone.
Thinking about when you'll move on.
Wondering how long you won't care when I stroke your hair.
Wondering when you'll stop thinking I'm the funniest person in the world
When you'll stop being my baby girl.
Thinking about when you won't need me as much as I need you.
Thinking about all that life will put you through
When I'm not there to make it right
To kiss and love and hold you tight.
Wondering if all your dreams will come true
And hoping that you're happy too. 
Knowing each new step brings us closer to the day
When your dreams will take you far away.
But for now sweet baby you are mine
And I will love you till the end of time.
Sleep well and tight
Knowing I will always do my best to make it right
And keep you safe and loved and free
My special gift, my world, my baby.

2 comments:

  1. Did you write this? Beautifully put....all the exact feelings I had/have for you and your sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I wrote it quickly last night after watching her sleep for a few minutes around midnight. Thanks Mom. Now I'm watching Stinkerton play in her crib from the monitor when she should be sleeping. Doesn't look so sweet now! haha

    ReplyDelete