Sunday, July 15, 2012

Perspective...Again

I wish I wasn't so selfish.  I wish I realized how lucky I have it.  Tonight, Kathryn tricked us into thinking she was ready for bed at 7pm like usual.  It was a farce though.  She dozed while drinking her bottle, but then POP! she was ready to play.  We tried just letting her fall asleep in her crib, but as I continued to watch her on the monitor, I realized she wasn't going to sleep.  Jared tried to rock her, but no dice. Around 7:45, I brought her out to play in her exersaucer and she was content, but I was frustrated.  Jared and I count on this "me" time and she was keeping me from it.  At 8pm, "Secret Millionaire" came on.  I absolutely love that show.  It always leaves me feeling so good after watching it.  On tonight's episode, the secret millionaire was visiting an organization that helps children with severe disabilities and it touched me.  These children will never lead a "normal" life.  Their parents will never see their children live the lives they envisioned for their children, but they get so much joy from the little things their children do accomplish.  One mother said, "I believe God doesn't give you more than you can handle.  My son is a gift. He was given to me for a reason."  She was so joyful and patient with her sweet son and I felt terrible as I sat here, frustrated with my perfect child for not going to bed when she should.  I am so blessed to have my amazing Kathryn.  She's happy, healthy and smart and I am so grateful for her.  I need to remember how fortunate I am.  After that segment of the show, I relaxed and looked at my little girl, playing happily in her exersaucer and I was happy to have that moment with her.  I love that girl and I need to remember to savor these moments because I know they will go too quickly.
Jared often does this when I'm in the kitchen getting bottles ready.  I turn around and see a floating head.  It always cracks me up. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful comment Megan. I do have to say however, that Kathryn is the one doing all the peeking here. I never have to encourage her to look for her mommy. She does that all on her own.

    ReplyDelete