Monday, July 9, 2012

Someone's Sitting Up!

Kathryn's been trying to sit up on her own for while.  Last night, Jared told me Kathryn was sitting up on her own and this morning she couldn't get enough of it.  She just kept doing it and doing it. I think she was very proud of herself.  She's growing up so fast!








On a different note, Miss K has been kind of off lately.  A few nights ago she wouldn't go to sleep till 10:15pm and she was crying and fussy.  It was the first time we didn't know what to do.  She'd never acted like that and we were beside ourselves.  We think it was her teething.  There are no teeth yet, but she's rubbing her gums on anything (our fingers especially!) and she's drooly and as I mentioned, fussy.  We gave her some more Tylenol and she finally went to sleep.  Of course, she still woke up at 6am, much to our dismay. :-(  She was good for a couple of days, but she had kind of a rough day today.  She went to bed as usual around 7pm, but woke up at 4:15am.  She does this occasionally and we just feed her and she goes back to sleep till 6-6:30am. Well...that was not the case today.  She was wide awake!  I tried getting her back to bed, but no dice.  She finally went down around 6:45am, but then stupid Buster started parking and woke her up.  He's lucky he's still alive.  I was so frustrated because I hadn't slept well.  I woke up about 6 times during the night due to the dogs and Kathryn losing her pacifier.  Needless to say, I was not happy.  I know it wasn't her fault, but it was frustrating.  She's just such a good baby, I'm just not used to it.  She finally went down again around 9am, but only stayed asleep for about 30 minutes.  I decided we'd go for a walk.  We walked about 4 1/2 miles and it was a lot of fun.  She napped a little bit, thankfully.  When we got home, I fed her and then we went to Moosup to get some stuff for Danielle to borrow for summer school.  She was so tired on the way home and I thought I'd have no problem getting her down for her afternoon nap.  I gave her her bottle and she fell asleep, but before I could get her in her crib, she woke up crying and wouldn't got back down. I left her in the crib for a while, but she was so unhappy.  By then it was 3pm and I didn't want her sleeping then because she wouldn't sleep tonight. So...we went to the grocery store.  She fell asleep on the way there, but I woke her up and she was fine.  She was great in the store and when we got home, she and I made a delicious veggie stir-fry, all the while she was fighting sleep.  She got quite the kick out of me yelling back at her when she'd yell at me.  She stayed awake though!  After dinner she got her bath and now she's playing on the floor.  We shall see what tonight brings!  Wish us luck!


On another note: Kathryn's moved up to Stage 2 baby food!

No comments:

Post a Comment