Sunday, July 28, 2013

Zip Lining

Teana asked us if we wanted to go zip lining through the Tongass Rainforest.  We agreed without hesitation, but once we got there, I had second thoughts.  I was terrified actually and I almost quit on the second platform.  I started crying a little, but eventually had the courage to do it and I'm so glad I did.  It was amazing and exhilarating and terrifying.  It was one of the coolest things I've ever done.  I thought Jared would have a really tough time with it because he hates heights.  He can't even climb into our attic without getting nervous.  Well, he was brave and I was the chicken.  The only problem he had was he had to pee so bad with about a half an hour left of the tour. I felt so bad for him.  I seriously thought he'd pee his pants.  Once you're out there, you're stuck though and somehow he made it.  I'm not sure if I'll ever have the courage to do something like that again, but I'm glad I did it!

Driving up to get our gear on.

Kerri and Teana

All decked out.













Our group: Kevin, Tracey, Other Kevin (we had just met them, but they were pretty cool), our guides Sean and Brendan, Teana, Kerri, me and Jared (his bladder was ready to explode at this point).




No comments:

Post a Comment