Monday, October 7, 2013

Time Out!

My blogging has not gotten any better lately.  I need to straighten up!  Anyway...I need to post tonight because my little, darling, perfect Kathryn has been demonstrating an independent streak lately.  She's quite feisty and I fear she takes after her mother.  Tonight she had her first time out.  She threw the Kindle down, then pushed me, then pushed Buster.  It was actually kind of funny, but I had to try and be the disciplinarian.  I do not want a bratty child.  She didn't like being put in time out. I only kept her in there about 30 seconds, then I made her give Buster and me a hug.  She was a trip the rest of the night.  After her bath, she was totally silly: laying in the hallway and running around. 

A couple of more things about her that are noteworthy:

Kathryn now knows all her letters!  I'm pretty impressed considering she's still a month and a half away from being 2.  She can count to ten and she can recognize the numbers 5, 7, and 8. 

She's also got a new best friend.  His name is Buddy.  There's an interesting story about Buddy.  He came into our lives a few weeks before she was born.  We were at Wal-Mart buying a few preemie outfits because we thought she was going to be small since she was being born 4 week early (yeah right....the girl was 7 pounds!).  Anyway, we were standing in line and there was this lady in front of us.  Not to sound mean, but she looked kind of trashy, but they she started talking to us.  She said her husband had just won the little stuffed animal from the claw machine at the front of the store and wanted our baby to have it.  We took it and now Kathryn loves him. 

She's also got so many new words.  My favorite is when she says "I love you".  She points to you and says, "You!" so excited.  She has said "I love you" a few times (it's obviously not that clear). 

Her favorite book at the moment is "Clifford's Bedtime".

Kathryn and Buddy

She loves to cuddle with her blankets and owl.

Tickling the ivories. 

Just call me Miss Cool.  She was obsessed with this hat and her glasses for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment