Saturday, May 4, 2013

Count Your Blessings

It's amazing that while I had a lovely day out with my daughter today, there were others in the world enduring great suffering.  I received terrible news about a good friend of mine from work.  Jill and I are close at work (she was at Shepard Hill with me as well).  We talk about babies, Vampire Diaries and our love for Cathy's chicken patties.  She was expected her third little girl in July, but a horrible accident happened that has changed her family.  I'm getting this all third hand, but I'm so sad about this.  From what I gather, Jill's brother and husband were in an accident.  Her brother was killed and her husband is in critical condition.  From what I understand, Jill was not in the accident, but something happened to trigger labor.  She gave birth to her little girl, who weighs 3 pounds and after labor, Jill had an aneurysm.  The baby is said to be doing okay, but we don't know about Jill.  I pray she will be alright and that her husband will be okay.  Her three daughters cannot lose their parents and Jill's parents cannot lose two children.  I refuse to believe God could be that cruel.  I'm not getting too worked up yet, because I don't know everything.  I just can't believe this is happening at all.  It's truly amazing how quickly life can change in the blink of an eye and I'm grateful for all I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment