Friday, January 11, 2013

Down and Out

It's been a crazy week.  It all started out fine, but Monday night Kathryn just wouldn't sleep.  We have never had a sleepless night with her, but that night, we came pretty darn close. She just cried whenever I'd put her down.  Jared finally got her down around 2am.  Unfortunately, I had to be up at 5am because I was supposed to go to a meeting in Middletown and had to leave early.  When Kate woke up around 5:45, I knew she was not well and I knew I had to call out work.  We thought it was just complications from teething, but as the day went on, it was apparent it was a cold too.  She was filled with snot and she was coughing.  It was terrible.  Jared stayed home with her on Wednesday and we decided to try and send her to daycare on Thursday.  She made it through the day, but she had a mild fever and we decided to keep her home today.  I had to scramble back to work to get lesson plans ready (I wish it wasn't so hard to call out in my job) and I've been home with her today.  She still seems pretty miserable today.  I tried getting her into the doctor to see if it's turned into an ear infection, but Dr. Rich is out of the office till Monday, so they called in some antibiotics just in case it is an infection. We have an appointment on Monday at 4:30, but at least I know if it is an ear infection, she won't suffer all weekend and if it's not, we'll just stop the meds.  I sure hope she gets better soon.  I'm not used to her crankiness, but I have to say, even though she's sick, she's still pretty agreeable. I just want my happy go lucky girl back.  It's hard being a working mom.  While my main concern should just be Kathryn, I can't stop thinking about all the stuff I have to get done at work next week.  Ugh...so frustrating.
She has offered a few smiles today, but they're rare.

This is the girl we've been seeing a lot of lately.


No comments:

Post a Comment