Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Bruises, Blood, and Forgotten Antibiotics

Today, I almost qualified for the Mother of the Year Award.  While trying to get both myself and Kathryn ready to go this morning, I made a big boo boo.  Kathryn pooped her pants right before we left, Wickett peed on the floor, and then Kathryn sneezed and blew snot all over her.  While all this was going on, I totally forgot I'd left Kathryn's antibiotic on the counter.  It must be refrigerated.  I didn't realize I'd done it till I got home and saw it sitting there.  Needless to say, it was ruined.  Luckily, Sue, one of the nurses at our pediatrician's office, went through hoops to get us a replacement.  In order to get insurance to cover it, she had to call it into a different pharmacy (because our usual one didn't have it on hand) using a different dosage.  It actually worked out because she called it into Stop & Shop and Jared just happened to be there picking up some Tylenol.  So...long story short, Kathryn has a new bottle of  medicine. I just need to remember to put it in the fridge.  Mornings can be so crazy.

When I picked Kathryn up from daycare I was told she had a pretty nasty fall while playing outside.  She has a bruise on her eye and her forehead.  I tried getting a good shot, but this is the best I got.


Kathryn is also turning into a little stink pot.  She likes to pinch our (and the dogs') faces.  Last night while Jared was putting her to bed she got him good and finally drew blood.


And just to remember how cute she is even when being a stinkerton, here's a picture of our blue eyed girl.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment