Sunday, January 27, 2013

Another Ear Infection

Kathryn's been tugging at her ear for the past few days.  She just got done with a dose of antibiotics for an ear infection.  She was seen at the doctor's on Jan. 11 and was antibiotics for 10 days.  Obviously, she didn't get over it.  Luckily, Dr. Lavoie was able to see her today...on a Sunday.  She was acting happy, but I knew it was an infection again.  He put her on a stronger antibiotic this time, but we did discuss the future since she's apparently inherited my horrible ear problems.  She's had so many ear infections, I just wish he'd suggest an ENT or something. We don't need a referral with our insurance, so I may pursue it.  If she gets another one in the near future, I'll probably insist to Dr. Lavoie we do something else because I don't want her medicated all the time.  Ugh...very frustrating. She's been cranky all day.  I think she's tired. Hopefully she'll get a good night's sleep and the meds will kick in. We're just so lucky she's so happy when this is going on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment