Friday, December 7, 2012

Stoked!

Yes, I know this is the Honeybaby's blog and as the title says, True life adventures of Stretch-Lala, but sometimes I hijack and write personal things for my own memories and this post is one of those times.

I first published my book on Amazon three months ago.  Over the course of those three months it was downloaded around 750 times.  With Kindle Direct Publishing, you are able to promote your book for free for up to 5 days every three months to help encourage others to buy it and get the word out.  I did that three months ago and I got a decent response.  I was actually thrilled as you can recall from the blog posts when it was happening.  The last couple of months though have been slow with downloads, so I was anxious to be able to promote it for free again.

That time came yesterday.  I set up the promotion really not expecting much.  I expected to check it and see a big fat zero sitting there, but when I got home from work last night I was shocked to see 1,019. I was very confused and I thought something had to be wrong.  I started investigating and discovered I could even check on sales in other countries and was stoked to see 49 downloads from the UK, one from France and three from Germany. I was so excited that people in other countries are reading it. 

By the time we went to bed last night, it had reached over 1,700 and as of right now, it's at 3,034 with 83 in the UK, 5 in Germany, and 6 in France. 

I'm just really excited to know it's getting out there.  In a matter of a day in a half, it's sold way more than in the first three months of availability.  I just hope people like it.  I love sharing Kathryn, Luke, Jace and Ben with the world because they mean so much to me.  I love seeing that number go up!

No comments:

Post a Comment