Friday, November 8, 2013

Catch the Moon

It's been very crazy at work lately and I've been stressed and sad.  I feel like I run a marathon every day and when I pick up Kathryn around 4:30, it's already getting dark.  We get home, have dinner and a bath and play for a while before she goes to bed around 7:30.  It's all a blur and I think I've really had my fill of it.  I want more time with my daughter.  I want to be a better mother.  I want this and when there are experiences like I had this evening, I really want it. 

We pulled up to the house around 4:30 today.  It was already dusk.  I unloaded our stuff, but Kathryn, of course, headed over to Pegi's house.  Pegi saw Kathryn and came out to greet her.  Pegi suggested we head over to the cemetery to do a quick 10 minute walk before it got dark.  After the day I had, I thought it was a great idea.  We got into the truck and headed over.

When Kathryn got out, she immediately noticed the moon.  She's not usually out when it's dark enough for the moon to glow and she loved it.  She stared at it and pointed and kept saying, "Moon!  Moon!  Right there!"  Then, she took off trying to catch it. She was infatuated during our very quick walk and spent the whole time trying to catch it.  It was the most precious thing and reminded me of when I was young and used to try and ride my bikes under rainbows. I was convinced if I just peddled fast enough, I could do it.  Unfortunately, I grew up and realized I couldn't do it.  Kathryn's not there yet though and I wish I could stop her from ever getting there. I want her to always believe she can do anything...that she can catch the moon if she wants to.

She was so sweet when we finally headed back home.  She said, "Bye bye Moon" and blew it a kiss.  I love that girl.  Tonight when I put her to bed, I turned on her light that puts stars and a moon all over her ceiling.  She always loved that. I kissed her and told her to catch the moon.  I think she just may do it someday.



No comments:

Post a Comment