Sunday, August 16, 2015

Growing Up

Tonight was one of those moments I had to write down so I will remember it. Ever since Kathryn was a little baby, we've sung the song "Playmate" to her right before she went to sleep. We'd read a book and then rub her arm, back or head while singing it. She didn't even seem to mind that I have a terrible voice. She often would say, "Again," and she we'd have to sing it 2-3 times before she'd let us leave.

Tonight was a different story. We read "Skippyjon Jones", which she thought was hilarious and then I started tickling her head and started singing. She said, "Don't." I asked her if she wanted me to sing to her and she replied, "No. Kids go right to sleep." I felt tears in my eyes, but I smiled and kissed her forehead, holding my lips there a little longer than usual and told her I loved her and then walked out.

There were nights I couldn't stand singing it over and over and now it may never happen again. I hope tomorrow she'll let me sing it.

This girl is growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment