Wednesday, February 20, 2013

New Things

Kathryn's doing lots of new things lately...being whiney is one of them.  I know it's just part of growing up, but my Honeybaby has turned into Cry Baby.  It's not too bad, I'm just not used to it. 

On a more positive note, she's starting to recognize body parts.  It's started with her "button" (a.k.a. her belly button).  She pulls up her shirts and points and laughs.  We say, "Where's your button?" and she finds it.  She likes to find mine too. Mine's an innie, hers is an outie, so she's kind of entranced with mine.  She likes to stick her finger in it.  Tonight I asked where her nose was and she pointed to mine and hers.  She also pointed to my ear.  I know Becky at daycare's been working with her on that and I guess she's catching on!  I love watching her learn new things.

Kathryn also has a "boyfriend".  Kathryn loves Becky's son, Digby.  He's probably 10 or 11 and she just adores him.  She walks around saying "Digby, Digby", although it doesn't quite sound like Digby. It's more like "Did dee".  She walks around with pictures of him at Becky's.  It's so cute.

I had the day off of work yesterday.  I took Kathryn to daycare so I could just have a day to myself.  I love spending time with Kathryn, but I also need a break sometimes and I can't recall the last time I've had a day to myself.  I got lesson plans done and I got do some writing, which is always my favorite thing to do.  I love getting in a groove and just writing and writing.  I'm working on a story that Katie and I came up with when she came out to visit a couple of years ago.  I'm having fun with it.

I also recently took some pictures of me and Kate together.  We don't have enough. I love this girl.





No comments:

Post a Comment